lørdag 9. februar 2019

Egress, Infinte Regress and Gordian Knot


Brenna Murphy: Lattice~Face Parameter Chant, at Upfor, Portland OR, 2013


She was like, this is amazing, I like this so much!
And he was like, yeah this is amazing! I really, really like this, so, so much. So, so much, you know?
And then she was like, I like you, so much.
And he was like, I really, really like you so, so much. So, so much.

She was like I've seen so much junk, you wouldn't believe.
And he was like, that makes so much sense to me, because I've seen so much junk, I believe.
So, she was like, there's always some new art, we always keep going to new shows.

She was all like, art art art, opening show, opening show show show. 
New shows in new galleries until it all starts looking the same. Show show echo.

Then she was all, sometimes I feel like we've been around forever, you know?
And he was just, yeah, totally, sometimes I feel like we've been around forever too, I know.
And she was all, 'cos sometimes I feel like we're walking in circles, you know, 'cos sometimes I just feel like a mouse in a maze.
And he was all like, like how?
And she was like, like a test subject with no way out. Wall wall wall way. Way way blocked.

And he was like, it's clearly signposted, though.
But then she was all, what kind of sign?

And he was like, you know, every room has one of those turquoise signs over the door. 
The ones that go, in all caps: EGRESS. 
They both laugh.

Romanesco broccoli fractal growth pattern
                                                                           ***
She was like, amaze! I like this so much!
And he was like, yeah, amaze! I really, really like this, so, so much. So, so much, you know?
And then she was like, I like you, so much.
And he was like, I really, really like you so, so much. So, so much.

She was like, I've seen so much junk, you wouldn't believe.
And he was like, that makes so much sense to me, because I've seen so much junk, I believe.
So, she was like, I never close browser tabs, I always keep adding tabs.

She was all like, tap tap link tap tap, opening tab, opening tab tab tab. 
New tabs in rows in lines online until the browser crashes. Tap tap tap aw snap. Tab tab crash.

Then she was like, sometimes I feel like the tabs can run forever you know?
And she was like, 'cos sometimes it feels like a web inside a web.
And he was all like, like how?
And she was like, 'cos sometimes it feels like searches turning into searches, you know, 'cos sometimes it feels just like a search folding into a search.
And he was all, like how?
And she was like, like a search that provides no results. Searching for searching for searching. Searching for no result.

And he was like, everything's clearly find-able, though. But then she was all, what kind of finding?

And he was all, you know, every search is done by algorithms, so when you know how they operate you can find anything.
You just have to go: INFINITE REGRESS. 
They both laugh.



Martin Kohout: Moonwalk, 2008

                                                                           ***

The maze was like, I really really like this, so, so much. So, so much, you know?
And then the maze was like, I like the maze, so much. So, so much, and so on.

The maze was like, I've seen so much impossible junk, you wouldn't believe.
And the maze was like, that makes so much sense to me, because I've seen so much impossible junk, I believe.
And the maze was all, I've seen so many points turn into lines turn into curves, you wouldn't believe.

And the maze was like, that makes so much sense to me, because I've seen so many points turn into lines turn into curves, I believe. 
Point point point curve. Point point wall.

Then the maze was like, these knots tied up so tightly, wrapped up and entangled so profoundly that it is impossible to see how they were fastened.
The maze was all, these pathways are as much beings as they are paths between beings.
And the maze was like, this all feels like some maze I've been trying to figure out for centuries.
And the maze was all like, like how? So the maze was like, 'cos sometimes it feels like we're folding mazes into mazes.

And the maze was like, I want to tell you, that I want to tell you, that I want to tell you, that I want to tell you, 
that I want to tell you, that I want to tell you, that I want to tell you, 
that I want to: GORDIAN KNOT. 
The walls laugh. 

Single-celled amoeba swarming together and finding the shortest way through a maze.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar